How to launch a videogame with any budget
It would be very difficult to launch a new videogame without any budget, as the development and marketing of a videogame typically requires a significant amount of financial investment. However, there are a few potential strategies that might be worth considering if you are trying to launch a new videogame with no budget:
- Crowdfunding: One option is to try to raise the necessary funds through a crowdfunding campaign. This could involve setting up a page on a platform like Kickstarter or Indiegogo, where potential backers can contribute money to support your project in exchange for rewards or other perks.
- Partnerships: Another option is to try to find partners who are willing to provide financial or other resources in exchange for a share of the profits from the game. This could involve partnering with a game development studio, a publisher, or other companies that have an interest in the videogame industry.
- Free-to-play model: If you are unable to secure funding through crowdfunding or partnerships, you may want to consider a free-to-play model for your game. This means that the game would be available for download and play for free, with the option for players to purchase in-game items or other upgrades if they choose to do so.
- Leverage your existing network: Reach out to friends, family, and other contacts who might be interested in your game and ask them to help spread the word.
- Use social media: Create social media accounts for your game and use them to share updates, screenshots, and other information about the game.
- Offer a free trial: Consider offering a free trial or demo of your game to generate buzz and interest. This can help attract players who might be willing to pay for the full game once they've had a chance to try it out.
- Look for free or low-cost distribution platforms: There are a number of platforms that allow you to distribute your game for free or at a low cost. Research these options and consider using one to distribute your game.
- Collaborate with other developers: Consider partnering with other developers who are working on similar games or who have a similar target audience. This can help you reach a larger audience and generate more interest in your game.
Ultimately, launching a new videogame without any budget will be a challenging task, but it is not impossible. By considering these and other potential strategies, you may be able to find a way to bring your game to market and potentially even turn it into a successful venture.
I choose starting with some ot these points, and with a Free-To-Play game, it was the model of the original Wardrome Browser Game and I experimented it a lot.
If your videogame is free-to-play, there are several potential pricing models you could use to generate revenue from the game. Some common options include:
- In-game purchases: One way to generate revenue is to offer players the option to purchase items or upgrades within the game. This could include things like new weapons, costumes, or other in-game content that players can buy to enhance their experience.
- Subscription model: Another option is to offer a subscription service that provides players with access to exclusive content or features. For example, you could offer a monthly subscription that gives players access to new levels, missions, or other content that is not available to non-subscribers.
- Advertising: If your game has a large and engaged player base, you may be able to generate revenue by selling advertising space within the game. This could involve displaying ads on the game's loading screens, in-game menus, or other areas where players are likely to see them.
Ultimately, the pricing model you choose will depend on the specific features and content of your game, as well as your target audience and the competitive landscape. It may be worth experimenting with different pricing models to see which ones are most effective at generating revenue for your game.
Personally i hate ADV, so i think the new Wardrome will use the In-game purchase and Subscription model.
Feel free to write me your opinion about this article.